Friday, October 26, 2012

I think I got it?!



So, I think I was over thinking my goal for the past 2 weeks. And it just hit me that I had what I needed all along. So, basically my strategy is translating the major forms of arts i.e. Painting, Sculpting, photography, digital arts, music and theater into architecture tectonics; that is finding how they are similar, where do they overlap and how are they different. So, it all trickled down on how each form of art is projected in the real world i.e. 

- a painting is projected on a canvas which is architecturally speaking is a simple 2D plane (Even though on the deep micro scale there is the relief of the brush strokes which deems it a 3D surface, but am not focusing on that level of deepness in the analysis)
- A Sculpture is a frozen moment in 3D space.
- Music is just sound with a meaning so that could translate as some sort of transparent element in space since it only exists as a reference in space.
- Theater, could be interpreted in the form of motion or the circulation through the previously discussed tectonics.

I don't know why I was in search of a deeper meaning or method of translating art into architecture that it drove away from my initial intent.

Please comment on your thoughts.


1 comment:

  1. good, the next step to this (last)diagram would be implying the sectional condition between these
    programs. this means the lines would overlap and or the zones would have tones (darkest in background etc.

    ReplyDelete